A lot of the beauty gurus on YouTube have done this tag, and recently, a friend of mine also did it on Facebook so I thought it would be fun to do it too. This tag is more about the outer appearance, but in no way do I believe that it is the solitary variable to define who you are as a person. I think it is a great way to embrace what God has given you and identify your unique features.
Monday, November 22, 2010
1. For the past year, I have really struggled with my acne, and still am. There are days when I just felt completely disgusted when I look at myself in the mirror. My mood would be ruined for the whole day and I just wanted to hide. I felt like no matter how hard I try, no matter what products I invest in, it'll never go away. It still acts up these days, but I feel like it's more manageable. I learned to take care of my skin better and I'm more accepting of my acne. It still bothers me sometimes but I realized, in the words of Diddy, that "this too shall pass".
2. My thighs kind of bother me. I felt like it was back in my freshman year I really noticed it because I started playing volleyball. I would eat a lot of protein and drink milk like crazy and got these awesome, muscular thighs. When the season ended, they wouldn't go away and they made my body look kind of disproportionate. It was hard to find jeans that truly fit, because i had a small waist, but larger thighs and a wider hip so it'll always be tight there and extremely loose around my waist and knees.
3. This is kind of weird, but I really don't like how much my body sweats. As I am sitting here, my palms are sweating like crazy. I sometimes go shopping and hold some shirts and then realized twenty minutes later in the changing room that my palm sweat soaked some of the garments. It grosses me out and it really messes up my confidence. I avoid shaking hands with people, and it's hard to pray with others at church or even offer the sign of peace. It makes me really awkward and I really dislike it.
1. This kind of counters my 2nd imperfection but I actually really like my butt! It sounds weird, but I think my butt is pretty cute and it makes a lot of the things I wear look nice. I feel like I get more shape since I'm pretty flat everywhere else so I get more defined curves in the waist area. Recently, I've been into wearing dresses a lot and I think my butt helps make the garment flow better and have a nicer fit. The reason why I believe it counters my second imperfection is because I think that I got my butt from my thighs. You win some, you lose some, eh?
2. I have my mom's eyes and I really like them. They're double-lidded and it makes me feel like they really brighten up my face. I have a wide forehead and a long chin so I think my eyes really bring the focus of my face together. My eyebrows are soft, too, lol.
3. I really love my hair. It's very soft, thanks to my mom's special conditioners, and pretty versatile. Even when I colored it like crazy for the last two years, it rarely showed signs of wear and tear. I barely see split ends, and it's very thin and straight, so I can do a lot with it. I miss my long hair, but right now, I'm definitely feeling the short hair, since it's more manageable and playful.
I tag every one of you reading this! Make a video, a facebook note, a Tumblr post, or a blog post about your perfect imperfections and link it to me via a comment on this post! I'd love to read about your views of yourself. I'd like to leave you with this simple lyric from Priscilla Ranae's song 'Pretty Girl': Beauty lies within your eyes.